"Home Brew" is an episode of the BBC sitcom The Green Green Grass. It was screened on 15 January 2009, as the second episode of the fourth series.
Whilst searching through the loft, Boycie finds some ancient scrolls and paperwork left behind by the old squire. He also finds a medieval recipe for a traditional local liquor called ‘Ye Potato Cyder’. The recipe is accompanied by a royal charter allowing Boycie to make and sell the liquor. With the help of his staff he goes into full-scale business building a distillery in his barn and buying up all the potatoes in the locality. Unfortunately his success attracts two people he thought he’d never see again.
- The Driscoll Brothers return for the first time since Brothers and Sisters
- The Driscoll Brothers make their fourth ever television appearance.
- The hidden object buried in Brothers and Sisters is revealed.
- Mrs Cakeworthy makes reference to The Driscoll Brothers tying her up in the barn.
- A reference is made to Pertunia, Marlene’s sister, last seen in Brothers and Sisters.
- This episode features almost entirely within the Boyce’s home – one of few episodes to be like this.